View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #72
InLaNoche

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
Skills are NOT integral to abilities.

For example: DR. DR is automatic always on. Make it "requires attribute roll - HT", and give it a skill - Skill Skin of Stone (HT/H). You can increase your DR as much as you like. Your skill Skin of Stone is bought separetly. For example, lets say you have HT 15. You buy 10 levels of the ability "Skin of Stone", giving you DR 10. If you dont put ANY points on the SKILL (not the ability) Skin of Stone, your activation roll will be at default - for a hard skill, that's 9. If you put at least 1 single point on the skill, you'll roll at 13.

Now, if instead you only buy DR 1, thats how much you'll have. Only DR 1. If you buy your skill "Skin of Stone" to be as high as HT+5 (for 24 pts), you'll roll with skill level 20 to activate your DR 1. Got it now?
So you are saying that as the GM of the game, I cannot allow someone to upgrade both the skill and the power? For instance, they could buy HT +4, and still upgrade the power to DR 2. My idea is to make the base setup (school templates) simple for the girls playing it to no overwhelm them. They will pick the skills they want, and advance them how they want, but the skills they can have will be set. I'll allow for some characterizing skills like artist, or stuff like that, but I'm going to scale it down quite a bit. The point is I want it to be simplified for the players (at great expense for me....)
InLaNoche is offline   Reply With Quote