View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
InLaNoche

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Excellent! This is all good info and great advice. I will be starting off small, and am glad that this will be my daughter's first play, since it means I can play test GMing as well at the same time.

I do want to tone down a bit of the higher end stuff from Naruto, and try to make a bit of balance between the schools. I worked over an old question list (from Elderscrolls : Arena) to work out what schools best suits your ideal-isms, and ran them over my players (my daughter, my friend, and his daughter), and they came out with Water, Air, and Earth, so I know what I need to focus on to get ready.

I also have the first scenario set up to lead into the story. The players are all students at a martial arts school. They will start out with a bit of combat training (sparing to get them into the system, but very light on rules, more focused on describing what they want to do).
After the training, the Master will approach a few of them to graduate them to the next school (the elemental school) after doing a test (to be worked out) that indicates what element they are aligned to.

The next day starts with them trying to get to school. Since the girls playing are 10 years old, I am going to try and put some anime silliness into the story, and try to make them late for school (plot).

As to actual powers, they will have some latent powers that I will situation-based allow them to use (not their choice) in this play setting. I think I remember seeing something about partial costs for stuff like this.

After the first chapter, they will age, off screen, and be given a bit of a point boost (to show 5 or so years of training) where more of there powers will be within reach, so in the beginning, simple powers are more in demand.

I am still at a stand still with the balancing of the powers, but as I get ideas I will post them and would greatly appreciate feed back and input on them.

Lastly, not sure if anyone is interested, but I created an Excel Character sheet that has quite a few of the Base Book 4e skills, Advantages, and disadvantages coded in to calculate points as well as the stats. I started it a while ago when my friend was going to run a PBEM GURPS adventure (but timing and players fell through). I am re-working it for my Ninja game and will strip out the unneeded and add the new stuff, but anyone is interested, I can post it.
InLaNoche is offline   Reply With Quote