View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
InLaNoche

Default Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

I use the term Naruto, but I am more looking for the feel than actually mimicking the show. My Daughter wants to try out an anmie like ninja martial arts type RPG (as her first real RPG).

I have played quite a few RPGs in my past, but I have never GMed. I have started by going over 4e Basic, and setting aside the Skills and Advantages I feel would fit the setting. Still working on that, and working out some of the 'CHI powers'. To differ from actual Naruto, my world has 4 elemental schools (I guess like Avatar). These schools don't exactly go against each other (Water, Air, Fire Earth), thought the directions of their training do differ.

I am also new-ish to the GURPS rules, and am starting at 4e. Lots to go over. I was looking at a few other posts with similar ideas, but I guess I am trying to get this as ready as possible. I was thinking of using FP as the CHI power source, but would it be better to create a separate stat?

Some of the things I am struggling is with the school based powers, and trying to make them game relevant. For instance the schools:
Water - Knowledge, Understanding, Compassion, Healing.
Air - Playful, evasion, trickery, movement
Fire - Passion, Aggression, Strength, decision
Earth - Sturdy, protection, defense, order

They all still need combat type skills, and possibly elemental control (and innate attack) skills. Fire and Air seem to be the easiest to create for, but Earth and Water are a bit more complicated.

Water would be more on the lines of containing (possibly FP damage attacks) and healing type stuff. Earth would fall under the umbrella of defense (area blocks?) and protection, possibly powers that boost DR?

I know this seems a bit slapped together as a post, but I'm still working out the minor details. Lastly, I have the main story line and flow for at least 2-3 sessions pretty well worked out, but as I am new to GM stuff, any tips on situations and pop up events (good for kids) would be great too. Thanks.
InLaNoche is offline   Reply With Quote