View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
JLV

Default Re: Placement of Talents in the Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
This has bugged me since 1980 whatever, but if I remember properly, at least with the 1st editions of AM/AW/ITL, weren't the Talents listed in ITL?

OK, so a character can be primarily a wizard or a hero, but a wizard can have talents and a hero can have spells. Right.

So it makes sense to put Spells in AW, they have to go somewhere and they are primarily used by wizards.

So it makes sense to put Talents in AM, they have to go somewhere and they are primarily used by heroes.

So why are Talents in ITL???
I was always under the impression that Advanced Wizard was a beefed up Wizard with more and advanced rules relating to the stuff in Wizard (and the spells for Wizards are in Wizard), Advanced Melee was a beefed up Melee with more and advanced rules relating to the stuff in Melee (and Weapons, Shields, Armor and tactics are in Melee), while In the Labyrinth was supposed to pull them both together and give the overarching rules that tied the disparate elements into one unified whole by adding completely new elements (such as Talents, how to GM, jobs, etc.) to the mix. Seemed pretty straightforward at the time...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote