View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
LoneWolf23k

Default Homebrew concept: Compartmentalized Character Sheet

So, I was thinking about the GURPS Character Sheet and how it could be presented to new players, when I realized a good approach would be to compartmentalize it a bit into three parts:

-Core: containing the baseline elements of the character: Attributes, primary advantages, etc.

-Social: Here's where we put the Social Background stuff (Culture, language), but also the appearance modifiers, wealth and influence modifiers, as well as Advantages and Disadvantages that modify social skills, AND the social skills as well. Putting ALL of the "social interaction" thing on one page, so it's easy to find.

-Combat: here's where we put the Strength-based damage characteristics, combat-related Advantages (Strikers, Enhanced Defenses, etc) and Disadvantages (Infectious Attack), plus the combat skills. And maybe an optional Hit Point tracker.

-Magic/Psionics/Powers (Optional): if in a game where supernatural abilities are involved, a whole third page containing the advantages and skills related to a character's supernatural abilities. If Magic, this would be Magery, Thaumatology and the various spells in the Mage's Grimoire. If Psionics, that would be the Psionic Powers and Skills.

Basically, I'd be splitting up the character sheet is to make it easier for new players to get used to the game, by knowing exactly where to go on their character sheet, depending on whether or not they're engaging in social encounters or combat or other roleplaying.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote