View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 08:51 AM   #30
Varyon

Default Re: should there actually be "indestructible" weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
That sounds more like a -5% nuisance, and presumably it can't be used against you. Otherwise you'll need to explain why there aren't a mass amount of copies running around.
Well, that's why I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
"Lots of spares" would arguably mean no Gadget Limitations - because if such a device is stolen, you've still got those spares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
I'd call it half the value of breakable if you have to go back to your base to fix but the time is inconsequential. If you can fix it between scenes, I'd say it's worth a quarter usual breakable value. I'd also allow the same if it was entirely broken since breakable items are intended to be replaceable and you're effectively lowering the limitation by removing the time and then location elements.
That sounds fair, if we're assuming the character can just skip the checks, time, and materials needed for repairs normally. Of course, depending on how expensive the modified ability is, it's entirely possible that taking the full Breakable discount will get you enough points to be able to have the skills required to do extremely rapid repairs with improvised materials.