View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #2665
Varyon

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Update on an older weirdness: after suffering from conspiracy theories thrown around by RWNJs like Alex Jones, some jackass has blown up the Georgia Guidestones, and was applauded for it by a Republican candidate for Georgia Governor on Twitter (I'm not linking her). The GA Bureau of Investigation is currently seeking the vandal.

(Required gaming link in addition to it simply updating an old item: successful attack on a Tether to Stone, maybe? In most games a move this overt is either desperate or stupid.)
Huh, think I missed those the first time around. They would have made for an interesting thing to come across in a post-apocalyptic campaign, but I guess now you'll have to set the point of divergence prior to 7/6/22 to have them show up - unless you opt to have them put back up (doesn't look like that's in the cards, however, given that after the attack the government (not sure if state or local) opted to simply tear the rest of them down (I'm guessing on account of it no longer being stable, and them not wanting to deal with someone getting flattened after crossing the "do not cross" tape).

Of course, you can find no shortage of people online praising the illegal destruction of a public monument, but that's hardly surprising these days.