View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Mithlas

Default Psichic Shield Wall

Psionic Powers (4th edition) has a lot of powers built and ready to go, but there's no option for a kinetic to power up a shield so his friends can safely move or do things behind him. A mage could use exactly the same thing, if I understand the concept this is what Sorcery is built on.

My first thought was using damage resistance with the Wall modifier, but that seems more to apply to using fog or fire to build a larger entity:
Damage Resistance [5/level base] (mobile +40%, wall +30%, force field +20%, low signature +10%, costs fatigue 2 -10%, telekinetic -10%, requires IQ roll -10% = +70%) [9/level end cost]

Mobile allowing the mage or psychic using it to adjust exactly where the 'psychic shield' is and its facing, which may not be necessary. The description of wall implies a substance (even if metaphorical, like fire) filling a structure of some manner.

Another option is to use "Create" to make a wall of force that moves with the psy, probably taking up at least one hand, though I doubt that I've got something correct in this initial idea:
Create (specific item) [5/level base] (mobile +40%, wall +30%, low signature +10%, costs fatigue 2 -10%, telekinetic -10%, requires IQ roll -10% = +50%) [8/level end cost]

Any corrections, suggestions, or questions for clarification would help.
Mithlas is offline   Reply With Quote