View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 05:39 AM   #10
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Space/Thaumatology] Stargate: Fantasy - Worldbuilding thread

Something that I may or may not need to clarify (so I might as well, just in case): Skills or other aspects relating to systems that don't win (or even get votes, possibly) might still appear in some manner, such as Ritual Magic or Thaumatology being core skills for some Power Stunts As Spells styles, or Judo Art or Symbol Drawing being complementary skills for some Path/Book Magic styles. Complementary skills are probably more likely here. Likewise, a systems that isn't important to the setting in general might still appear as a one-off, or as the preferred method of an obscure race... or of course, Rule Zero applies and your GM may want to do something that diverges a fair bit from where this thread ends up going.

EDIT: To summarize the above, the votes determine emphasis and importance, but they don't mean that something with no votes will absolutely not appear in this setting at all, just that it's much less likely to, and less likely to be important.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 08-24-2022 at 05:51 AM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote