View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
Tomsdad

Default Re: Aim modifiers and limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erling View Post
More precisely it would be

Some apply directly to the skill (laser, reflex, collimating sights, software), so aren't relevant;
Some apply to aiming circumstances (bracing, extra seconds), so aren't relevant;
Some apply through Aim maneuver and are provided by aiming gear - these bonuses are capped.
Yeah I was trying to think of some broad definitions, but I kept thinking of exceptions, but those look right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erling View Post
You're right, but B372's wording is broken. B364 implied simple rule: targeting gear cannot provide combined bonus higher than base Acc via Aim.
B374 twisted everything, because it mentioned all "aimed-fire bonuses", not only those which are provided by targeting systems.

Yeah, the main fault is phrase "all extra aimed-fire bonuses", because technically that includes bracing and extra-time bonuses. Without Kromm's clarification it would be really broken.

Thanks :) I'm glad to see we follow the same interpretation.

I think there are two ways to go, either forget about the it being only "basic acc" that counts as the limit, so that if you brace a acc 0 hand gun, or fire accurate arrows from a bow you boost it's acc by 1 and can then get an extra 1's worth of aiming bonus

Which still limits Acc 0 & 1 weapons, but means that you can improve inaccurate weapon performance but you have to engineer the situation more carefully. AoA (determined) becomes more important.

Or just apply the limit to scopes and technological aids that give bonuses while aiming.

Which is closer to the wording on pg364 than pg372.

Guess it's going to come down to what's your view on Acc 0 & 1 weapons (but I find it hard to believe that even really inaccurate weapons can't get some benefit from a few seconds aiming)
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote