View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #11
Erling

Default Re: Aim modifiers and limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Isn't it just a matter of keeping track of where various bonuses apply

Some apply directly to skill e.g AoA(determined) laser, reflex and collimating sights, software so aren't relevant*

Some apply directly to weapon Acc e.g fine (accurate) upgrade to the gun and hand loaded rounds, so aren't relevant**

Some apply as bonuses to aimed fire e.g telescopic scopes, bracing and aim actions past 1 sec.
More precisely it would be

Some apply directly to the skill (laser, reflex, collimating sights, software), so aren't relevant;
Some apply to aiming circumstances (bracing, extra seconds), so aren't relevant;
Some apply through Aim maneuver and are provided by aiming gear - these bonuses are capped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
TBH Honest I think pg364 and pg372 actually reference the same limitation, just the wording is slightly different.
You're right, but B372's wording is broken. B364 implied simple rule: targeting gear cannot provide combined bonus higher than base Acc via Aim.
B374 twisted everything, because it mentioned all "aimed-fire bonuses", not only those which are provided by targeting systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I think B372 is just wrong.
Yeah, the main fault is phrase "all extra aimed-fire bonuses", because technically that includes bracing and extra-time bonuses. Without Kromm's clarification it would be really broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
But you get

Skill-12 goes to Skill-14 due to sight and targeting.

Acc 2 gets boosted by +2 for telescopic vision, +1 for extra time, total of +5 to Acc when you're finished Aiming.

Your shot would be at Skill-19, a total of +7 over your base skill.
Thanks :) I'm glad to see we follow the same interpretation.
Erling is offline   Reply With Quote