View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #38
Varyon

Default Re: Force Sword Techniques -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Rules that are Written.... o_O
Yes, rules about superscience devices are indeed Rules As Written. When I think RAW, however, I don't think "Rules As Written," I think "not house rules." I don't consider superscience devices that function differently than the default assumption as "house rules" so much as a slightly different take on the technology, just as I wouldn't consider fully ablative or completely nonablative force screens (or calling "Force Screens" as "Forcefields") as house rules. It's just a quirk with the way I think, perhaps.

Wait a minute... there's more!

So, most of the Sith stuff is just tactics, so I'll ignore those. The Dark Rift is a Dual Weapon Attack (well, really more a two-weapon Rapid Strike, but I think that should use -4 instead of -6) - the first is probably a Setup Attack, the second is uses Trakata. For Blazing Supernova, the spinning should probably use Acrobatics for a Setup (like how upthread I suggested Trakata using Fast Draw for a Setup) rather than RAW Spinning Attack. After this you can either do a Setup Attack and follow up with a second with the other hand, or you can do a Rapid Strike to attack and, assuming a Parry, follow up with Bind Weapon so your foe can't Parry the next attack.
Varyon is offline   Reply With Quote