View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #1296
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will discuss what he has done with any guards looking after the prisoners, suggesting that they keep an eye on them but that the prisoners are now likely to be on side. He's then going to continue looking for Hua. If he finds more prisoners on the way, he intends to use mental surgery on them. I figure he has successfully converted somewhere around 140-150 crew members now (including 60 security, 60 from the command centre, the 10 he just did, plus some officers and miscellaneous others).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
It's only two decks straight down to the area with the other prisoners?

Forget that. I rather not have the deck 19 prisoners think something's up until Daymar handles them. I'll have a pair of security flush the corpses out the airlock (unless that might cause an alert), then stick the prisoners here in the air lock. They shouldn't be able to get up to anything inside the airlock, and security could just flush them out if they did, right?

I'll contact the other two control centers, and try to coordinate next steps. Obviously, Daymar isn't there, but I should know where he is now (though I can't contact him from here). I suppose I can talk to Pacifica: "I've taken life support and moved on to the aux command center. Daymar's stopped by life support to convert crew. Where next?"

After I deal with that, I'll head over to a life support area in hopes of catching Daymar to send him up to deck 19.
The ship isn't moving, so bodies outside the airlock are fairly visible... not terribly visible though. Its not a bad hiding spot compared to a random hydrogen block, though both options can be made sanitary. Airlocks in this area aren't big enough to hold more than one person at a time.

Hua contacts the control centers. One says Daymar is headed towards Hua and they're keeping control of the Main control center. The other isn't responding.

Daymar shows up as Hua is establishing contact. Daymar sees about two thirds of Hua's force plus five prisoners.

Yeah, about 140.

Zotizi calls over to Porjathor: "We just got a message from the auxillery gunnery and nav center. I think its the others on our side. Shall I answer?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-24-2022 at 08:10 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote