View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 03:15 AM   #14
weby

Default Re: Max pluses with talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
What is the reason for the limit of four levels for talents anyway? A limit of four means that you for example can't easily make a character who is extremely talented at math related skills without also being talented at other IQ skills. Having great talent at math should not necessitate being talented at social interaction as well.
It is not really the talent limit that is critical, it is the combination of talent+attribute. By RAW "normal humans" can be IQ 20 and have +4 from talent for an effective 24 base in IQ based skills. I find that too high by far for normal humans(Super heroes and such are a different thing).

Thus I see the talent limit as part of the limit on defaults and what a single or few points in a skill gets you. If someone came to me with a character concept that had low attributes and high talent(>4) to compensate I would be fine with limiting the attribute limit lower than the normal campaign limit and talent limit higher for that character. It is the total of the two that matters mostly.