View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Anaraxes

Default Re: Cosmic on Beneficial Afflictions to Allow Waiving Resistance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
IIRC, a willing and aware subject can already decline to resist. I may be leaving out an enhancment that lets "the attacker" make the roll by +0
Not per RAW, as I was recently reminded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers p40
Beneficial Afflictions

If an Affliction’s effects are so unquestionably positive that no one would ever object to them, the GM may reverse the sign of the HT modifier; e.g., Affliction 3 gives a HT+2 roll instead of a HT-2 roll. Duration becomes minutes equal to the subject’s margin of success, not his margin of failure.

If such an Affliction has Malediction, the subject can waive his right to resist. The ability works if the user can make an unopposed Will roll (at the usual range penalties). In this case, duration in minutes equals the user’s margin of success.
I'm inclined to voluntary waivers, as for Malediction, for any beneficial Affliction.

The first paragraph may have errata. The resistance roll is HT + 1 - level. Reversing the sign of the modifier should be HT + 1 + 3 (in this example). You could argue that both signs get reversed (HT - 1 + 3), but the motivation there would seem to be just making the answer match the text. Still you could count the +1 as part of "the modifier".
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote