View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 06:11 AM   #113
Icelander

Default Remington XP-100 and XP-100R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtheobviouspseudonym View Post
Another option might be the Remington XP-100. It was compact for its size/accuracy, and fired a short .223 round. Probably not accurate much beyond 200 yards or so, but compact and could probably be machined to have a detachable barrel to make it more compact. Appeared in the early 1960s. I'm not a conspiracy buff but if you think that about the JFK assassination, I think that the assassin could be a mistreated former lover of JFK (no shortage of possibilities there; read The Dark Side of Camelot for examples), said assassin firing an XP-100 from the Grassy Knoll & dropping the weapon into a large purse and fleeing the scene with the others in the panicked crowd. (I doubt that Texas State/Dallas Police of the time would immediately suspect and search a woman.) Makes more sense than most of the theories.
After a 1980s redesign (which changed the grip and lengthened the barrel), it could chamber normal .223 Remington, as well as some other lower power rounds, like the .35 Remington. Once it was redesigned again in the 1990s, as the XP-100R, it could fire .308 Win or several efficient long-range rounds like 6 BR Remington, 7-08 Remington and eventually even the .260 Remington, as well as the .350 Remington Magnum if any large animals needed putting down. The XP-100R model had an internal magazine of several rounds.

I've featured the Remington XP-100 in a campaign before.

Last edited by Icelander; 04-29-2022 at 06:17 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote