View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #44
Mailanka

Default Re: [Ultra Tech] Shortening Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I think a big problem is that in games where the focus is on the first-person action, you don't get to see much in the way of infrastructure works. And in games with a strategic element, you do see nanofacs producing units again and again.

The only game which at least tries to describe the strategic side of things in any reasonable level of detail, while focusing on third-person action - Mass Effect - is essentially 99% SpecOps, so of course it's all about situations where deploying more than a dozen warbots is not an option. (And Shepard doesn't afraid [sic] a dozen warbots.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Shepard optionally a military hero at the beginning of the game and, while I have yet to play ME3 after all its bad reviews, doesn't he lead armies of sentients into war? The ME3 universe doesn't generally make use of warbots outside of a few really lame drones, though the setting explains that by having all the volitional warbots turn on their masters.