View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:59 AM   #22
naloth

Default Re: [Supers] Marvel Movies Power Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLW View Post
Yeah, when someone suggests that Spider-Man has DX 14, though, I start to smell agenda - and a turn toward a conversation I'm honestly tired of rereading and wasn't really asking about. I respect the stat normalizers, but I wasn't really asking about how to build Spider-Man as a "normal" kid. I'm interested in the reality that's being represented in those movies.
... which entirely missed the point of my post. -> Point value, stat choice, and other things are highly dependent on what switches/rules you are using.

GURPS is a toolkit useful for building all sorts of thing.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the DX being represented in the recent Spider-Man movies is VERY high, i.e. blowing right past the GURPS "stat normalization" style of game altogether. If you really think the Tom Holland Spider-Man has DX 14, well, then, okay....
That's fine if you want to believe that. I didn't see him using a lot of skills, so it's hard to judge exactly what it should be. Nearly every super feat he does would be advantage/power based (i.e. the I don't care if you have a DX50, you can't dodge while blind, fire dozens of accurate shots to structural supports, or leap around town all day).

Quote:
But what I'm really trying to ask here is, if the Marvel MCU movies were a GURPS campaign, how many CPs would you give your players to make heroes? When a new hero or villain shows up in the movies (in the game based as closely as possible on those movies), what would your expectation be of the number of CPs she's built on?
My most recent super hero campaign was around MCU level, had a MCU super hero feel, and was 750 points. Of course, if you lack the context of what that can buy you and what you'll be facing I don't know that it tells you a lot...
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote