View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
hal

Default Re: Mitigator Schedule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Too infrequent to be a Disadvantage. If we continue that progression, it will come out to something like 75 years between treatments. (Dropping the "common named time interval" pattern for a 5-ish pattern gives you 6 months / 3 years / 15 years / 75 years. Being blind once per lifetime isn't really a restriction -- but I'd probably let you take it for a Quirk (rather than -2 points) as a sort of pre-defined Quirk-level Cursed, where the GM will maliciously cause you to go blind once at some time of his choosing. Trading the pattern for the Speed/Range progression still gets you up to about a year (50 weeks) for 4 steps past monthly. Keep the "common names" progression and you're looking at year-decade-century-millenium.)
I was thinking more in line of this:

x -.60% = 1 day
x -.65% = 1 week
x -.70% = 1 month
x -.75% = 3 months
x -.80% = 6 months
x -.85% = 12 months
x -.90% = 24 months
x -.95% = >24 months.

If you have a mitigator that is permanently attached, hard to remove, and reasonably reliable such that it lasts longer than a month, we'd need some time frame to determine what would be a valid value for -75%, -80%, -85%, -90% and -95%.

As I pointed out, there are only three such time frames. I wondered if any other SJGames publication maybe contains such information, as GURPS POWERS doesn't seem to do so.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote