View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
JCurwen3

Default Re: No Achilles Heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Agreed! I've heard about these gamers who treat every combat as a fight to total annihilation of one side or the other, but fortunately, I've never gamed with them!

Immunity to Unconsciousness [30] is only slightly better than Doesn't Sleep [20], and I can accept its pricing given that Coma is +250% while Sleep is +150% as an Affliction. I also agree that it gives you additional options. For sanely played characters, this isn't the same as Immunity to Being Taken Prisoner . . . the fair cost of which would be the price of Warp (Accessibility, Only when taken prisoner, -40%; Reflexive, +40%) [100], or 100 points, because that's roughly what it does for you. Unconsciousness ought to be a rare cause of capture in plausible stories – most imprisonment should result from surrender by the prisoners, betrayal by their apparent allies, or (at its most violent) grappling and restraint. Thus, I'd be hesitant to price Immunity to Unconsciousness on the grounds that it's Immunity to Being Taken Prisoner. Mostly, it's Immunity to Being Bored While Waiting For Your PC To Wake Up.
This Immunity to Unconsciousness would cover unconsciousness to fatigue loss as well? If so, then it doesn't fit the description of that aspect of Supernatural Durability, which seems to me like Immunity to Subdual [15] (an extrapolation from Hard to Subdue); no knockouts.

Also, as an aside, I believe some characters could still fall unconscious with that total Immunity to Unconsciousness, namely those with Unkillable 2 and 3 when they "die" at -10xHP. The immunity would make those advantages a lot more powerful if we assumed it applied there as well.