View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
JCurwen3

Default Re: Supernatural Durability at -10 x HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnordianslip View Post
Yup, unless they get nailed by their weakness or a single hit of 10xHP, they just keep on taking damage. I usually stop bothering paying attention at -10xHP, but technically they can take unlimited amounts of damage without dying.
Which in a strange way equates to having infinite HP under some (most) circumstances... which I guess I already read and even understood, but it makes this one of the wackiest traits in the game (no wonder my player just can't buy that it works that way).

Note that there is a distinction between no longer keeping track past -10xHP (again, are we expected to imagine they aren't pulp by then?!) and tracking them past that number - if you effectively cap at -10xHP (and then say "screw it" to tracking further losses), it makes it easier for the being to regenerate back up to positive HP (at which point they regain their full Move and their immunity to crippling injuries).

Who knows, maybe the reason Jason Voorhees always seemed so slow was that he could never seem to regenerate back up to positive HP from that huge negative HP total he racks up both in (and presumably between) the movies, so he's always at half Move... ;-)