View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #1686
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
I was unclear on this aspect of Increased Range (LOS) when I wanted to use it for my own Marvel thread. It seems to be balanced around including 1/2D when it comes to pricing, but it's muddy enough that it's hard to be certain.
I've been unsure about that myself, but I've always treated it as going off the Max Range rather than 1/2D. YMMV.

Quote:
Allowing you to put Reduced Fatigue Cost directly on Massively Parallel rather than the ability as a whole seems like a pretty major point crock to me. It lets you remove a major limitation for only a token cost.
Thing is, it's the Massively Parallel, enabling him to basically multithread things to 20 "minds" instead of 6 for a short time, which has a "Costs 1 FP per use" built into the enhancement, so I thought Reduced Fatigue Cost would fit better when applied to Massively Parallel, since Compartmentalized Mind does not by default require an FP cost. I'm open to counterpoints, though.

Quote:
It might be reasonable to allow Alternative Ability on one or more of these, considering that (especially with Air and Space) they can never be used simultaneously.
It might, yeah. It's one of those things that I really don't worry about, though.

Quote:
Shouldn't this be [25]?
It should! Thankfully, GCA did the math properly, so this is more a typo or mistranslation between the GCA screen and the OpenOffice file I use.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote