View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #40
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Large variance of SMs together

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
That's so awesome of you, thanks! 50/80 seems like good numbers to run off of. I might change things slightly, based on other setting needs (for instance, if there is an especially common race) but other I'll probably stick to that.
You're welcome, and thanks for the opportunity. This sort of mathematical problem is one of my favorite things about table top gaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
One thing I just thought of; A 12 SM difference means it requires a Per-2 roll to even notice the smaller race out in the open. Now, I can assume that the titans are careful in general, but would this cause issues largely?
Little folks don't go out into the open. That's just the way you have to do it. They stay on shelves on the wall if they want to interact with the big folk, or tunnels if they need privacy. At the worst, you stick to the edge of the wall.

If you look at nature, you'll see this is the way things are generally done. Small creatures stay away from the big ones, or they stick to tunnels and terrain.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote