View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 03:20 AM   #4
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: I think I figured out how to build Supernatural Durability out of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Extra Basic Move +6 (Accessibility, Only below 1/3 HP and above -1 HP, -40%) [18]
From the "How cancel the 1/3 HP effect" Thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
To be clear, it did not. I have the Basic Set Third Edition right here. It says only "If you are hurt in combat, you are not stunned and do not have the normal DX penalty on your next turn" and "3, 2, 1 hit points left: Your Move is cut in half; you are reeling from the wounds." However, it would be reasonable for full-on Immunity to Pain (in GURPS Powers: Divine Favor) to provide this benefit.
Quote:
Injury Tolerance: Unbreakable Bones (Cosmic, can't be crippled at all, +300%, Accessibility, Only when 0 HP or more, -20%) [32]
Consider Injury Tolerance: Diffuse (Only immunity to crippling injuries -80%)[20]
Quote:
Immunity to Subdual [40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Immunity to Unconsciousness [30] is only slightly better than Doesn't Sleep [20], and I can accept its pricing given that Coma is +250% while Sleep is +150% as an Affliction. I also agree that it gives you additional options. For sanely played characters, this isn't the same as Immunity to Being Taken Prisoner . . . the fair cost of which would be the price of Warp (Accessibility, Only when taken prisoner, -40%; Reflexive, +40%) [100], or 100 points, because that's roughly what it does for you. Unconsciousness ought to be a rare cause of capture in plausible stories – most imprisonment should result from surrender by the prisoners, betrayal by their apparent allies, or (at its most violent) grappling and restraint. Thus, I'd be hesitant to price Immunity to Unconsciousness on the grounds that it's Immunity to Being Taken Prisoner. Mostly, it's Immunity to Being Bored While Waiting For Your PC To Wake Up.
Quote:
Unkillable 1 (Accessibility, To -5xHT Only, -20%; Achilles' Heel, Some Occasional Thing, -30%) [25]
Unkillable 1 isn't enough. People with Supernatural Durability only die from taking 10Xhp in one hit, or from their vulnerability, they can keep going past past -10xHP if neither of those conditions is met.

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 08-16-2015 at 07:30 AM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote