View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #22
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: One on One simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Thanks Nils; that's interesting.

I guess another way to ask the question would be:

Are there any 32-point characters who perform better when wearing armor than not wearing armor, and how heavy an armor is that true for, and for which characters?

And I'd be interested in seeing results without the naginatas and Expert/Master talents, as I notice that your top 7 results are all either naginatas or Experts, then the next 7 top characters are either unarmored or naginata/expert, then there's someone in cloth with a tower shield... and only near the bottom do we see people even in leather, and they also have tower shields.

But really I'm not just interested in the top people, but whether or not wearing armor improves or reduces someone's performance, and at what point?
Just a quick question, the link doesn't work where all builds are presented?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

When you say armor do you also mean a shield, or just actual armor?

Here is a list of the Cutlass builds without expertise.
Cutlass is pretty much in the sweet spot for 32 point characters since cutlass is the first 2d weapon. And you can afford some variation when it comes to armor.

And as you can see adjDX of 10 and 11 tops the list. Then 9 and 12.
And then adjDX 13, 8, 14, 7.

So it is not so much a question about when armor is good, but more a question of getting the most out of your adjDX. If you chose to increase DX and wear armor, or instead get more ST to do more damage is about equal. And balance wise, it is almost the same as getting more IQ and get expertise. A great balance between the different attributes. Expertise is the slightly better choice, but you pay for it by having to have more talents on top of the IQ buy so you do get less of other things. But you have the option of buying other more interesting talents later on with an IQ of 10. Great trade off.

At 36p you have almost the same sweet spot for Morningstar builds.

Win rate Build
65,02 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass Leather, Tower Shield
64,04 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass Cloth, Tower Shield
60,44 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass Chainmail, Tower Shield
60,39 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass No Armor, Tower Shield
56,56 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass No Armor, Large Shield
54,46 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass Plate, Large Shield
52,37 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass No Armor, Small Shield
46,58 ST10,DX14,IQ8,Cutlass Plate, Tower Shield
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote