View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #14
David Johnston2

Default Re: [Psionics] Worldline Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanus View Post
Hi All,
I've searched for previous threads to avoid raising the living-thread.

I need some ideas on how Psionics would be affected by different Worldlines, now I like differing Mana for Magic but I don't want to take the Mana for Psionics route as I feel it diminishes Psionics.

However don't want the Iswat super telekinetic running around scott free when the mage's fireball will barely light a match.

So what other interesting ways are there to challenge or mix up psionics on different Worldlines, an example being the Telekinetic is currently on Reign of Steel.

I like the fact that he is an anomaly and if he uses his powers too often he becomes a subject for investigation and dissection for the Zoneminds however I want to throw him a few different curve balls.

Thoughts, ideas?
I recall there's a Creature of the Night that has a predator that specifically hunts psis.

A common animal, perhaps a rodent, that has psi static as a natural defense. (Which of course implies a predator that uses psi to seek prey)

A TL 4 world where psis are fairly common, but regarded as witches and they've developed a drug that incapacitates psis while only mildly affecting nonpsis, (Deryni, Katherine Kurtz)

A world infested by astral beings who constantly whisper to telepaths, distracting them and hampering their ability to make rolls.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote