View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 01:36 AM   #3
JohnPaulB

Default Re: Zodiac Career Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm meyers View Post
love the idea and obvious thought put into this.

"For those characters that have their Natal Chart Horoscopes casted by a Mathematics Astrologer"

I wonder what the cost would be?
I'm guessing this caster charges the standard Astrologer Guild's rate because the guild doesn't see efficacy as part of its regulation. Also, the effective castings usually cause jealousy from the low-esteem brethren and boasting about this kind of success causes problems. Best let word of mouth bring in more customers and make you richer.

Quote:
You could even determine this info secretly by the GM in advance and players might get the hint to try and find out why an ability was cheaper or more costly. Great way of sliding in some deity/spiritual style effects
If the GM wishes to put in the effort, and play subtle with the clues over a period of games, and if he has players that love to solve mysteries, this could work.
Perhaps Astrology can be applied to character creation, now that I think of it. Once the character is created, the GM looks over the character's talents and determines if there are any that would have gotten bonus or penalties if they had been done by XP purchase. These XP points are accumulated and given to the player (or deducted from the XP pool) secretly by the GM.
Then either these bonus XP are handed to the player when they have their casting done (or noted that they are in the XP hole for those with MAL talents;
or for a hinting campaign, the GM preselects the birthday (or gets the player to give a birth date at character creation) and tells the player this talent cost less or that it seemed especially hard to learn this talent and it cost 50XP more, etc.

Quote:
Would tiering in some character traits like ITL p.14 help decide where your sign lays?
I hadn't thought about doing that, but it would definitely fit the subject. Again, this would be a subtle hinting, but once the players are clued into it, this could help. However, only if the GM thinks the players would enjoy it and that the effort would be worth it.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote