View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Default Re: Materials Other Than Steel/Iron.

In GURPS Magic, Adamant is the stone form of Essential Earth and Orichalcum is the metallic version of the same; in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, the latter may be used in place of bronze for equipment and have either one-third the weight for ten times the cost or equal weight and triple DR for thirty times the cost. Renaming it "Adamantine" might be appropriate, but I'm not particularly familiar with the rules for fabulous materials in D&D since the only instance I remember of it was a friend's GMPC being a warrior with a full suit of mithril plate at level one...

Meteoric Iron, also in Dungeon Fantasy, works as iron or steel (including being allowed to also be made Fine or Very Fine) and cannot be effected by magic.

Elven Mail and Dwarven Plate armors I envision more as different manners of making the armor than being of different materials, per se. Elven Mail protects just as well against all damage types rather than the split for cutting and crushing, whereas Dwarven Plate is just a thicker, heavier version of regular plate appropriate to a race that makes lighter of great burdens (by the books it can only be done to helms, breastplates/corselets, arm armor, and leg armor - there are no DR 6+ gauntlets or sollerets that I'm aware of unfortunately).