View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #138
doulos05

Default Re: [OOC] The Voyages of "The Hiawatha" [Hero Class] : GURPS Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup67vargr View Post
Here is a trial system for cargo. There is probably one in Far Trader, come to think of it, but for now, let's give my algorithm a shot and see what it gives us:

For finding cargo for the TSS Hiawatha to take from Prometheus onward, on their trip to Ninkhur Sagga [2222], the required throw will be 14-. Post that throw in the IC. On a success, make a second throw of 5d. Ten times that result will be the tonnage of the cargo. If the Hiawatha does not have sufficient space to take all of the cargo, then an additional throw of 12- will be required for the shipper to permit you to take less than the total shipment.

If there is additional cargo, it will most likely be bound for Agidda [1824], the next garden world along your route, but not necessarily. Make another throw. On a 8+ it is going to Agidda [1824]. On 5-7 it's going to Nusku [1822]. On 4- it's going to Ishimshulgi [2021]. Post this destination throw in the IC as well.

So up to four throws should be posted:
1. 14- for Cargo availability [if this isn't made, no other throws are necessary]
2. 5d [X10 tons] for size of cargo
3. 12- for permission to take less than a total shipment [this could also be a deal breaker if the cargo is larger than the space available on the Hiawatha]

and finally,
4. 3d for destination [ 8+ Agidda, 5-7 Nusku, 4- Ishimshulgi]
This seems really simple, which is nice. I'd almost prefer that it be dependent upon my character's skill somehow, but I'm content with it being entirely random since, really, it's not like my guy's amazing Merchant skill will magically make people want to ship their stuff to other people in other star systems.
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote