View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #16
giganerds

Default Re: [Racial Template] Na'vi (Avatar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardThePorpoise View Post
I think the hardest thing to model would be the braid thing. Everything else is just SM+1, bigger ST, higher DX, probably Fit or Very Fit (or higher HT, but definetly not +10HT, as someone suggested).
I suggested HP and ST + 10, not HT :)

For the basic stats I think:
ST 20 (SM + 1, -10%) [90]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 12 [20]; HP 30 (SM + 1, -10%) [18]; Will 10 [0]; Per 12 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.0 [10]; Move 8 [10] plus Acute Vision 2 [4]; Acute Hearing 2 [4]; Fit [5]; Sharp Teeth [2] and Sense of Duty (Nature) [-15] for 188 CP if I right.

Quote:
Perfect Balance seem to be an aquired trait, but common to all true Na'vi, the hero didn't had because he was basically a human, learning to be a Na'vi. Some DR seem in order as well, although they were easily killed by rifle fire, so we shouldn't go overboard here.
right.

For the life style I could add Combat Reflexes, Upgrade Fit to Very Fit, Extra DX, FP and Per, Perfect Balance and the skills useful for rangers, hunter and alike.

Quote:
The hardest thing to do would be the braid. It seemed to be a universal connection thing (biologic USB, like someone said here, brillianty, btw) that all living beings on Pandora have, the "horses" and "ikran" are just two creatures that the Na'vi are seen interfacing with, there's nothing saying they can't do it with any other creature, provided they can mount and get the physical connection going. Also, the whole thing about being able to "upload" their beings into the world network and "hear" the voices of the ancestors would be pretty tough.
The biological interface of the Na'vi could be Acessory (Biological Interface) [1]. They can use it to form a kind of gestalt to force the transfer of the minds from the humans to the avatar permanently, etc.

To control the animals I bet to Mind Control (Specialized, Animals, -25%; Acessibility, Only throught the biological interface, -40%) [23], plus Ally to the fly creatures which them bond. The bond can also justify Special Rapport [5], althought in the film nothing like this was showed.

The uploaded minds could be Racial Memory (Active, 40; Acessibility, Only throught the biological interface, -40%) [26]

This costs 1 + 23 + 26 = 50 + 188 (from above) = 238 plus ally. Quite high but there are more traits to consider.