View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #19
Varyon

Default Re: How to price ATR (AOD Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Sorry, even cosmic defenses are unavailable after an AoA...
Ah, I wasn't certain if that were the case, so thanks for that. It might not be horrible to allow a separate instance of Cosmic +50% to allow for that, however.

As others have noted, -60% on ATR seems roughly appropriate, maybe -50% or -40% considering the increased movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
To keep abuse in check I think I'd require a +50% for each instance of defending when you can't. Otherwise it blurs the lines a bit to much.
Instances where you have multiple factors coming into play should be rare enough that this is a non-issue - at the very least, the price for further levels should be markedly reduced. A Surprise Attack Critical Hit from a Ranged Innate Attack enhanced with Cosmic: No Active Defense Allowed has four different reasons why it can't be Parried (Surprise Attack, Critical Hit, and Cosmic all prevent any Active Defense, and a Ranged IA cannot be Parried unless given an appropriate Limitation), but encountering such should be vanishingly rare. If I were inclined to have such things cancel each other out (rather than having Cosmic Active Defense trump any eligible attack), I'd probably do it as +50% for 1 instance, +70% for 2, +80% for 3, +90% for 4, and +100% to always trump. However, this is quite the tangent for this thread, so if you wish to discuss it further, I'd suggest opening a new thread.