View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 01:02 AM   #14
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: How to price ATR (AOD Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLW View Post
How would you price Altered Time Rate (Active Defense Only)?

This is the best way I can figure to create an advantage that allows you defend at the end of a turn no matter what, though the only situation I can think of when you wouldn't be able to defend at the end of your turn is All-Out Attack, but I'm sure there must be other situations.

But anyway, I'm looking to price an advantage that allows you to defend (once per attack, at normal defense score) when you All-Out Attack.

How would you do this?
As you are not looking to gain the benefits of All-Out-Defense, I'd call this "Clears the last Maneuver, No new Maneuver granted" -70% if you wanted to use ATR as your basis.

That gives it a 30 point price, which sets it at the same value as an extra attack with multistrike, which covers most of the benefit of an AoA.

I'd be tempted to build a wildcard technique, but it would end up convoluted and pricier in the end in all likelihood.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Cosmic +50% on an Active Defense allows it to be used even when it's otherwise unavailable. I think such a defense would work even after an All Out Attack. See PU4 for the guidelines on how to build this.
Sorry, even cosmic defenses are unavailable after an AoA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Absolutely! In fact, that would've made a nice addition to the specific examples, darn. :)

A Cosmic active defense gets a roll in any situation where, were it not for an exception caused by something specific about the nature of this specific attack, you'd be able to use that defense against this attack. As long as the active defense would be otherwise legal (e.g., you didn't make an All-Out Attack last turn), you can use it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Sounds fair to me. I'll use the -60% on ATR for "AoD Only" and a new 50pt trait of this.
I think that's way too big a limitation... "AoD only" is more akin to "Aspected" IMO

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-03-2021 at 01:06 AM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote