View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #10
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: How to apply Long-Range (Powers:108)

So, ignoring the power modifier(s) for now, here's my 2nd draft/attempt to get the range and familiarity penalties. Please let me know if I got them right? :

Clairsentience (no mod) 10 yrds
Clairsentience (Increased Range: Line-of-Sight +70%; Increased Range: Familiarity of location +150%) familiarity penalties don’t apply when displacing your sense to a location you can sense from where your body is

X Empathy (no mod) in your direct presence, to judge from the wording of Remote (Powers p. 48)
X Empathy (Remote +50%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Affliction (Malediction +200%, Based on Will +20%) line-of-sight/¿psionic contact?, long-range modifiers
Affliction (Malediction +200%, Based on Will +20%; Long-Range 1 +50%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Detect (no mod) size and speed/range table
Detect (Long-Range 2 +100%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)
or?
Detect (Long-Range 2 +100%; Familiarity and other modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Illusion (Mental +100%) line-of-sight
Illusion (Mental +100%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Illusion (non-Mental) 2 yards, visible at line-of-sight
Illusion (Independence +50%, Mobile +40%) as without mods, but can be attached to an object or target 2 yards away and then move with it (IIRC Powers p. 104); it moves at the rate the object/target moves but not under the illusionist’s direction

Medium (Skill-Based) "in your presence"
Medium (Skill-Based; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)
If I read correctly and Medium doesn't even require Ranged?

Mind Probe (no mod) touch/mind reading
Mind Probe (Increased Range: Familiarity +150%)

Mind Reading (no mod) line-of-sight, size and speed/range table
Mind Reading (Long-Range 2 +100%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Telesend (no mod) long-distance modifiers, line-of-sight (or) familarity modifiers
Telesend (Long-Range 1 +50%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Terror (Active +0%) 10 yards
Terror (Active +0%; Increased Range: Line-of-Sight +70%; Increased Range: Familiarity +150%; modifiers apply at short range –50%)

Mindlink (no mod) 0.1 lightyear, no roll
Special Rapport (no mod) unlimited distance, no roll
Speak With Animals (no mod) animal within your perception range/in animal’s hearing range, no roll

I begin to wonder if injury and fatigue penalties should be –0% limitations. Because if The Last Gasp and/or Conditional Injury are being used, some or all of those penalties would be superceded with universal penalties that affect everything.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 11-16-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote