View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #9
Vaevictis Asmadi

Default Re: How to apply Long-Range (Powers:108)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
No, that's the opposite of what I'm saying, really. What I'm saying is that you need to look at each advantage, determine if it has an inherent range limit aside from range penalties, and add Increased Range, Familiarity, to those that do have such a limitation.
In that case, how do I add Familiarity penalties to abilities that have unlimited range in RAW? I think that's just Detect, and the Empathy-type advantages. (and those that don't have rolls anyway)
Edit: It looks like unmodified Empathy is limited to direct presence, per Powers p. 48. Remote should let it link with/follow-up on Mind Reading or Detect Clairsentience, I think.

And with the additional -50% limitation you mentioned, "familiarity penalties apply at close range": Would that limitation allow me to put Increased Range (Familiarity) on Detect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
-5 for a location you've visited once or have typical coordinates for."
-5 seems fair, then for "a place you last visited >100 years ago that's aspected towards your gody domain".

I think Clairsentience won't be part of the power since it operates so differently from the power's other abilities, but everything else about how it works will stay the same as above so it still needs the range mods.

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)

Last edited by Vaevictis Asmadi; 11-16-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote