View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #7
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Dodging Bullets, Evasive Movement, and a Proposed "Cosmic, No dodge w/o evasive m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I've actually used area attack +50% as the base for "Cannot be Dodged without evasive movement", as you can use it to get the same effect. I think I actually lowered it, as you're not getting the increased area, but I forget what number I actually ended up using.
Yeah, I agree with this. "Evasive movement" isn't actually that hard to pull off - you basically have to be aware of the shooter, and have a couple of yards of clearance, more or less. It's actually very comparable to the limitations of dodging an area effect attack. I'd price this at +25%, half the value of Area Effect, since it gets the limitations on dodging but not the multiple targets or wide-area injury bonuses.

However, I would also say that this could probably just be a feature of a lot of attacks, no modifier necessary. I'd just say that getting this benefit of behaving like a firearm also comes with the drawbacks - it's louder and more obvious than an arrow or a crossbow bolt would be, and harder to use to attack from stealth.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote