View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #35
Sorenant

Default Re: Which optional rules do you use for muscle-powered weapons and armors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
The problem is unless you use a design system to make thicker and thicker armour to counter attacks of increasing ST, DR from armour tends to stay a lot more static and so yep is loses it effectiveness as ST goes up.

I.e if you want DR to keep up with ST based Damage that scales with ST you have to let DR also scale with ST in some way. and the system defaults to all hand held weapon damage scaling with ST but armour DR is pretty much a range of static options in the equipment lists.
For games that features inhuman ST levels, Better Fantasy Armor can help bridge the gap between damage and DR.

I also recall a thread about "Armor Master" as a defensive counterpart of Weapon Master being created a while ago. Has anybody ever tried something similar in their game? I just had an idea of turning Armor Mastery from DF into a leveled trait, I think it would be good for the Knight-like characters but it makes me worry about DR disparity between the fighters and casters/supports.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote