View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 05:51 PM   #710
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
+1 to who and when. You can roll against IQ for a deduction on those if you wish.

Your current bonus's stand as follows:

Who:2
What:1
Where:1
When:4
Why:1
I had to look this up.. sweet!

If I understand Deduction in MH2, the GM makes the deduction roll in secret to conceal the skill they're using, but the player/party call for the roll or keeps looking for clues to add to the cumulative bonus, is that right? Or does the bonus Persist and it takes a new clue to trigger a new roll?

And I have enough for an IQ+2 roll for a deduction on the Who? I'd be delighted!

IQ+2

3d6
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 = Successs by a margin of 8

Quote:
Around 10,000 people.
Can you elaborate on the physical area?
Quote:
I would suggest making a list of possible perpetrators, and then checking them out.
You can also try trawling for rumors of "new and exciting discoveries"
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
They never say "give titanium x3 DR", which is a touch weird... We'll go with the torso armor looking like plate at 17lbs plus either 8lbs of titanium mail for 4/2DR or 24 lbs of high quality steel mail for 8/4 DR. Please specify if you want something different.
Oh wow, you're right... You and I did it for Monster Hunters I have it on Marcus Savage's Character's sheet at +14 CF and I assumed it was standard somewhere. If it was house-ruled, it was your house! :) It was 36K in sig gear!

SO... you just tell me. Vassarious will simply take what is given when they ask as sweetly as can be for good protection that won't upset the locals on a casual inspection. Can we use a crystal on a necklace/tether as a communicator (or have we picked something else already)?

Faceman - 3d6 <= 14
6 + 3 + 1 = 10 ... success

Tradecraft as a Supporting Skill

3d6 <= 14
6 + 6 + 5 = 17 ... fails to improve the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well I say you take the lodge houses while I take the alehouses, given that you'll have an easier time impersonating particular people than I will."
"I'm sure there are enough establishments to go around, you can only go to so many lodge houses in a night, and taverns are generally more fun! Why don't we stay close and investigate neighboring establishments so we can compare notes and provide backup."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote