View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 11:24 AM   #706
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I figure it could have been a literal black box given that the suit has a HUD, but anyway.
we can do it either way...

Quote:
I pick at the stones to get a better look at these light sources.
They are transulcent stones that glow by themselves, very faintly, and are set into the wall with some sort of mortar. each one is about the size of a flattened golf-ball

Quote:
Nothing of note behind the other doors?
This place was thoroughly looted when it was being excavated. Its an entire city, but the metal and unbroken stuff has been moved. Broken pottery, cement furniture, and so forth are all over the place.

Quote:
"I wonder what were they constructing here. I guess it was long ago, so I guess we'll never know. Looks as good a place to hide all our gear as any."

I'll unload the explosives, the rifle, and its clips here.
You have a stash now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
But anything other than "Ice-Orc" or "Lizard-Man" will attract attention as something that is supposed to be extinct or trapped in ancient ice, or do I have that wrong? Will we find humans and animal people walking around?
You are correct: Ice-Orc and Lizardfolk are the only species currently active.

Quote:
I'm a bit confused as to what we're meant to do... We're just picking a spot and investigating randomly because something, somewhere in this world is a few days from catastrophe, but we have no idea what, where, or how?
And possibly stop the catastrophe as it unfolds. You know that "Tuguk" will be releasing the catastrophe. So a random spot... within Tuguk. I think I might pull out the monster hunter's clue framework for this, as it seems like a good fit.

The prophesy gives +4 to when (late afternoon of the 17th day), and a +1 to where ("Tuguk"). The intelligence analysis roll gives +1 to who, what, and why.

Quote:
the prophecy indicates when the sun sets... are there particular magics that are best performed at that time that might narrow our possibilities?
I'm treating that request as an Occult! roll... success by 4.

There are no such magics... Vassarious further figures that the timing must be due to something unlocked in the course of a day: they either have privacy or are doing something that looks innocuous. They also aren't going to be busy working.

+1 to who and when. You can roll against IQ for a deduction on those if you wish.

Your current bonus's stand as follows:

Who:2
What:1
Where:1
When:4
Why:1

Quote:
How large is Tuguk?
Around 10,000 people.

Quote:
I'm going to let Halcyone take point on this one... I'm still at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed.
I would suggest making a list of possible perpetrators, and then checking them out.
You can also try trawling for rumors of "new and exciting discoveries"

Quote:
And Titanium is triple or 1/3 weight, before getting into UT materials I think...
Let's do a modern Advanced Vest with trauma plates tailored for concealment and chain limb armor with the best available materials for strength without getting too heavy.
They never say "give titanium x3 DR", which is a touch weird... We'll go with the torso armor looking like plate at 17lbs plus either 8lbs of titanium mail for 4/2DR or 24 lbs of high quality steel mail for 8/4 DR. Please specify if you want something different.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote