View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #308
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Troops sent off the skerry a hundred and fifty years ago... ok, I'm not supposed to be up on that, but I have an inkling. They didn't say anything about six armed girls with active camo though.
"Yeah, well Corco collects heroes like I collect baubles. He could have a fallen angel arch-mage and he wouldn't bring it up until it comes in handy."
Quote:
"I've had worse. I'll heal slowly... I think at least once I leave this temple"

"Its certainly an odd place to put such a shrine... right under an active battleground."
"I think the shrine came well before the war. Then again, who's to say the battle lines weren't deliberately placed?"
Quote:
"I've got a Badge that makes them quake in fear and let me do anything I want. Sometimes they look me up first to double check. I had them fly me out to the front lines in a military jet, then was driven to the caves in some general's private car... He's waiting 48 hours for me, then returning."

"Not sure how long it will take Maximus to notice that you're using my badge. Once he does, you can bet it... actually... whatever they did to Maximus really messed up what he will or won't do. Murder them for me, will you?"
I'll ask Holo-Maximus if Maximus will be able to trace the location of the badge.
"Well, Maximus seems to only be sending heroes after me and V. That might change if he decides you failed. No idea if someone else is sending the army after us."
Quote:
"you're a constructed person. But built by a research team instead of the benevolent genius who is the emperor... I'm rather glad to be on the emperor's side of our divide. Once we get him back, of course."
"Well I won't pretend I don't angst about being the world's smartest fashion accessory, but working for Corco means sooner or later something will be done to help the two or three billion other OAIs. Well after everything more important on the list is cleared."
Quote:
"I infiltrated a gang of slavers. Went under deep cover for a year. They eventually figured out who I was, but not before I tipped off the identities and locations of 34 operations, and then personally took out 4 more when my cover was inconveniently blown. The emperor was impressed, and inducted me with the heroes. They try to keep my identity suppressed, because my job is to go undercover, and having a universally recognized face interferes with that."
"Slavers? I must have missed that in my research. Like human traffickers?"
Quote:
"Adjustable face... that'd be really nice to have"
"And only done because it 'looks cool and let's you stay up-to-date without surgery'. And not that helpful when you get stabbed in the back."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote