View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 10:29 AM   #306
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well you let go of that sword and then we'll talk."
He does. Not that he could do anything with it.

Quote:
I'll let him get up. "Corco sent me. You may know of him; Maximus has helped him out sending troops sometimes. Last time was like a hundred and fifty years ago."
"Troops sent off the skerry a hundred and fifty years ago... ok, I'm not supposed to be up on that, but I have an inkling. They didn't say anything about six armed girls with active camo though.

Quote:
I glance at his neck. "Sorry about the neck. I'll buy you a beer when this is all over."
"I've had worse. I'll heal slowly... I think at least once I leave this temple"

Quote:
"Well believe you me if I knew about this whole pattern business I wouldn't be here."
"Its certainly an odd place to put such a shrine... right under an active battleground."

Quote:
"Don't worry you'll be really helpful. I'll need you to brief me on your arrangement with the imperial forces on your side, I'll need your clothes, and it'd really help if you told me you were chauffeured here."

I bet he's really confused now. I'll push my nose flat and say, "Don't worry, I can definitely disguise myself to look like you.
"

"I've got a Badge that makes them quake in fear and let me do anything I want. Sometimes they look me up first to double check. I had them fly me out to the front lines in a military jet, then was driven to the caves in some general's private car... He's waiting 48 hours for me, then returning."

"Not sure how long it will take Maximus to notice that you're using my badge. Once he does, you can bet it... actually... whatever they did to Maximus really messed up what he will or won't do. Murder them for me, will you?"

Quote:
Halcyone got a very strange look on her face and began speaking strangely.
"The OAI you see before you is a Tendriloid 300X series by Primedia Labs. Named Best Chimeric Model by AMQ in 3108, and type-modelled by Hariyō Pāla ver I, the exotic forms of Tendriloids are now a semi-commonly seen waiting on the trendiest executives and statesmen. The 300X series has been equipped with a heightened sensory response to know your orders before you ask them. This particular unit was commissioned b--"

I shook my head and blinked a few times.
"Sorry, it's stuff like that that makes me think I'm a spineless automaton. Got the spineless part down just fine."
I gave sheepish laugh.

"you're a constructed person. But built by a research team instead of the benevolent genius who is the emperor... I'm rather glad to be on the emperor's side of our divide. Once we get him back, of course."

Quote:
"Well you asked me one so I might as well ask you one. What'd you do that made Maximus decide to make you immortal?"

"I infiltrated a gang of slavers. Went under deep cover for a year. They eventually figured out who I was, but not before I tipped off the identities and locations of 34 operations, and then personally took out 4 more when my cover was inconveniently blown. The emperor was impressed, and inducted me with the heroes. They try to keep my identity suppressed, because my job is to go undercover, and having a universally recognized face interferes with that."

"Adjustable face... that'd be really nice to have"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I've got a day to kill and could use a little walking around money... Got anything else local and not time sensitive?"

"I mean, I've got a rival who took down all my bugs at renix ford. Bad neighborhood, but worth having eyes in. I'll give you enough to make it worth your time to stick eyes up there."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote