View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #304
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"A copy of the emperor in a shrine that blocks his sight and voice?" Kunnifax ponders the claim. Then he closes his eyes and concentrates on something. He opens them again. "Ok, you just doomed me to stay in this cave until things are fixed."

"The Emperor says you're an invader from beyond the five worlds, trying to interfere in our affairs and alter his mind."

"That's completely true, its just that if his mind has been altered, and our fun little friend here says it has, that makes you a friend. Where are you from anyways? and do you mind getting off of me?"
"Well you let go of that sword and then we'll talk."

[Everything else assumes he does]

I'll let him get up. "Corco sent me. You may know of him; Maximus has helped him out sending troops sometimes. Last time was like a hundred and fifty years ago."

I glance at his neck. "Sorry about the neck. I'll buy you a beer when this is all over."

Quote:
"Now, its possible that you have the means to build a copy of the emperor yourself, in which case you're deceiving me, and the copy is a ruse... but everything about this says otherwise. The worlds are in chaos, this cave is far too old, and the emperor would have seen you build a false shrine and warned me."
"Well believe you me if I knew about this whole pattern business I wouldn't be here."

Quote:
"I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. The moment I leave this cave, the emperor will take control of me again and I'll be convinced you're a foe and that we aren't supposed to interfere with mortal affairs. So I'm pretty much stuck here. I suppose I can defend this place if someone tries to attack it."
"Don't worry you'll be really helpful. I'll need you to brief me on your arrangement with the imperial forces on your side, I'll need your clothes, and it'd really help if you told me you were chauffeured here."

I bet he's really confused now. I'll push my nose flat and say, "Don't worry, I can definitely disguise myself to look like you."

Quote:
"So what are you anyways?"
Quote:
[187] 21-12-10 21:32:52 GMT
Will
3d6 <= 11
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... failure
Halcyone got a very strange look on her face and began speaking strangely.
"The OAI you see before you is a Tendriloid 300X series by Primedia Labs. Named Best Chimeric Model by AMQ in 3108, and type-modelled by Hariyō Pāla ver I, the exotic forms of Tendriloids are now a semi-commonly seen waiting on the trendiest executives and statesmen. The 300X series has been equipped with a heightened sensory response to know your orders before you ask them. This particular unit was commissioned b--"

I shook my head and blinked a few times.
"Sorry, it's stuff like that that makes me think I'm a spineless automaton. Got the spineless part down just fine."
I gave sheepish laugh.

"Well you asked me one so I might as well ask you one. What'd you do that made Maximus decide to make you immortal?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote