View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #28
phiwum

Default Re: how does chaining consecutive Aid (T) work for Wizards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
No, you're over-literalizing the wording. It would be silly to have Aid be unlimited, unless you're wearing a +1 Attribute enchantment. The reason it mentions it that way, is because the text there is about stacking effects.

Limiting boosts from enchantments and Aid to the lower of +5 or 14, heads off some excessively strong stacking effects, and preserves the value of actual exceptional ability of characters, while still letting such magic be extremely useful.

But as Henry suggested, Aid ST can let you cast spells with more than +5 ST. It just doesn't let you have unlimited muscle-power.
It's possible that's the intention, but there's really nothing at all in the text (that I've seen) suggesting ST available for fatigue can be different than ST available for muscle-power. If that's the intention, it really should be explicitly and officially spelled out.

Indeed, this just raises more questions for me. Can this excess ST also be used to keep a person alive from wounds (at least temporarily), beyond the +5 muscle power limitation?

Quote:
As for 15 being the highest useful DX, um, no . . . there are many things that much higher DX is useful for, many of which can mean the difference between life or death for foes.
I'm not sure that this is relevant to anything I've said.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote