View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 11:24 PM   #50
Cheeseball
Banned

Default Re: Ideas for a New long-term Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton View Post
She's definitely not a combat monster in the capabilities she has for her CP I'd give you that much, she's too generalist for that. I'm talking about social advantages which, in some ways, can be even more important than combat advantages because they would allow her to gain the aid or even loyalty of those who have there own skills. Let me break it down for you:
-She is "beautiful" a trait that grants her +4 to reaction rolls against anyone who is attracted to women whilst that obviously includes heterosexual men which is probably the main military demographic but also against women attracted to women, a group that's disproportionately large among military personnel.
-She gets +2 in reaction rolls because of charisma
-she gets +4 with all military personnel allied with the US
then she of course has courtesy rank 3, status 2, and wealthy plus a huge amount of languages and cultural familiarity

Now the skills I was talking about?
Administration (A) IQ-1 [1]-13; Body Language (A) Per-1 [1]-13; Detect Lies (H) Per-2 [1]-12; Diplomacy (H) IQ-1 [2]-13; Erotic Art (A) DX-1 [1]-13; Fast-Talk (A) IQ [2]-14;Intelligence Analysis (H) IQ+1 [8]-15; Interrogation (A) IQ [2]-14; Intimidation (A) Will [2]-14; Law (American Criminal; International) (H) IQ-2 [2]-12; Leadership (A) IQ [2]-14; Politics (A) IQ-1 [1]-13; Psychology (H) IQ-2 [1]-12; Public Speaking (A) IQ-1 [1]-13; Research (A) IQ [2]-14;Savoir-Faire (High Society; Mafia; Military; Police; Servant) (E) IQ [5]-14;Sex Appeal (A) HT [2]-12;Streetwise (A) IQ [2]-14; Writing (A) IQ-1 [1]-13

Personally my strategy would something like this:
- Get an investor, either by finding a particularly wealthy veteran or by publishing her experiences into a book and then using the fame and profit acquired to find an investor
- Poach personnel from old units by offering a better salary and benefits than current position, also hire some more mundane workers for whatever skills she lacks or time she doesn't have. Hell she could probably justify it to herself as looking out for them!
- negotiate a favorable contract with NATO alligned nations
- continue the cycle of accumulating money and hiring more personnel until she has plenty of personnel and money
- slowly shift the loyalty of her subordinates from there respective countries to her
- honestly at that point you can do whatever you want

Regardless, the real measure of character power isn't really what they can't do but what they can do. Also that she has the ability to accomplish the plan I described isn't really unrealistic at all. There are probably characters built on far less points that could also manage to pull off the plan I described.
I understand. So do you think it would be a good idea for her to be a Russian spy, infiltrating some government institution, and trying to carry out the same plan? Or that this might be a good concept for her "archenemy"?
Cheeseball is offline   Reply With Quote