View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 05:08 PM   #46
RyanW

Default Re: Ideas for a New long-term Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
If the campaign is meant to be realistic rather than cinematic, I agree with the other posters that MAJ Mary Sue should either be older or less accomplished. As she stands, she may be within the range that a real human could accomplish, but is enough of an outlier to greatly strain one's sense of disbelief (sort of like James Bond, albeit to a lesser extent).
That's my take. There isn't a hard reason to say that the character biography is impossible, but it is so improbable that it makes little difference.

She would be way too famous for her to do anything even remotely covert. And with her apparent personality, her security clearance psych profile might declare her a security risk. An enemy agent only has to present tasks as challenges and she couldn't resist.

Plus, there's the issue that this campaign might easily become "wait around until the badass GMPC shows up and makes us all look like chumps" (that could be completely unfair, but given what we have seen, that's the vibe I'm picking up).