View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #34
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Tell us how your Campaigns are going, also get and give advice

I'm taking the group through Lights of Xaryxis the new Spelljammer Adventure for 5e. We only play every other weekend and we missed one so it's taking longer than some might expect.

The adventure is written for the players to be clueless planet dwellers discovering the wonders of Wildspace but nobody wanted to do that. If we had the Spelljamming races and other options might never have gotten used as PCs. I'm certainly not holding my breath for another Spelljammer adventure. Look at how much official support the new Eberron got.

When one of my players told me what he was playing I had to ask if he was saying "Giff" or "Gith". Turned out that I was going to get one of each. Also a Plasmoid, an Astral Elf and a Human who'd be totally out of place if he wasn't a Monk and sort of otherworldly all the time anyway.

They're a little weak on why they're saving that world the adventure started on. Maybe a sort of "But we buy lots of stuff there!". I am reminded why as a player I tend to fill the role of "Herder of Cats" and it's actually much harder to do as DM.

We"re only supposed to have one more session but we'll see. The module is kind of uneven about how much they expect you to get through in a session.

Next up is the Enemy Within Campaign for Warhammer Fantasy and as the eldest Shmitt brother I'm _supposed_ to herd all those cats.