View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Clipper

Default Main player escapes combat leaving helper

Due to recent changes to the rules, I wanted to confirm what happens when the turn player skips out on a combat using a teleport, leaving the Helper behind.

In this thread, it was ruled that the Helper must lose the combat, taking the hit and Running Away. However, the rules that led to this ruling have recently been rewritten and no longer seem to support this opinion.

The "Where'd Those Monsters Go" box on page 8 of the rules now states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin Quest Rules
If all of the monsters or the current player’s pawn are removed from the room, the combat is over. All “usable once only” cards used in the fight are discarded. All monster enhancer cards stay with the monster they were played on.
The bolded part used to say "all the munchkins," which supported the old ruling, as the combat wouldn't end if the Helper remained. The new rules seem to tell us exactly what to do now when the main munchkin leaves before combat ends, though. Just discard the one-shots and leave the monsters and Helper in the room without requiring the Helper to take hits or Run Away.

So, may I please ask for a reruling on this situation, taking into account the new wording?

Last edited by Clipper; 08-05-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote