View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #515
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
BLACK QUEEN

History: The full origins of Selene, Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, are currently unknown. Indeed, due to her psychic vampirism powers even her exact age is unknown; she appears to be a woman in her late 20s, but she has hinted that she is several hundred years old.

Known Superhuman Powers: Selene is a mutant with a number of psionic powers. Foremost among these is her ability to psychically drain the life force of a person, perpetuating her youth; due to this, she has been called a 'vampire', although she is not a supernatural creature like a true vampire. If she does not kill a being with her powers, she may choose to turn them into a psychic vampire like herself, albeit under her control. Her psionic powers also include lesser forms of telepathy and telekinesis, although not on the same level as Jean Grey or Emma Frost (see Marvel Girl; White Queen).

Selene is highly resistant to injury. She has been shown to be resistant to knives and small-caliber pistols, as well as able to walk through flames unharmed (although the latter feat may have been assisted by her sorcery).

Selene is also a sorceress of some skill, being reputedly ranked as one of the top twenty magical practitioners on Earth.

1,180 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX12 [40]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 3d/5d+2; BL 180 lbs; HP 13 [6]; Will 15 [10]; Per 13 [0]; FP 13 [0]; Basic Speed 6.25 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.

Advantages: Dominance (Link: Powers Must Be Used Together, +10%; Requires IQ Roll, -10%; Psychic Vampirism, -10%) [18];
Steal Life (Link: Powers Can Be Used Separately, +20%) [50];
Lifting ST +20 (Psychokinesis, -10%) [54];
PK Shield 10 [40];
Striking ST +10 (Mutant, -10%);

Psionic Power Skills: Create Psychic Vampire (H) IQ+3 [2] – 16¥; PK Shield (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14;

¥ Includes +4 from Psychic Vampirism Talent.

This is the first character I've made using abilities from Psionic Powers. I'd love to have some feedback on her abilities, just to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.
Hey, tb! I've been keeping this thread in my peripheral view for a while without commenting... it seem like you've been doing just fine w/o me :) Going back over the write-ups that you've posted over the last year or so, this one caught my attention. I think you did well with the psionics. I really like the idea of making Dominance a Psychic Vampirism ability for her. Although its not a build I would use for more general purposes, in this case it seems more fitting than trying to make the effect with Mind Control. Also, it was a nice touch to only give her Talent with PV, not with her lesser psionic powers.

Just a few questionable things: Her Damage seems to be based on Striking ST 30, but you only show her having it at 20. Her skills in general seem a bit low for her implied age, but her skill set is broad, so that might be a wash. Her resistance to injury seems to be coming from her PK Shield ability. The skill level of 14 for that might be too low to make it reliable enough to fit the descriptive text. You might want to forgo the skill, and just give her DR with the PK Power Modifier.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote