View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #14
PeteC

Default Re: Introducing the game

After doing a few intro games for people at this point, I have decided that I prefer to do a little scenario rather than an arena fight. Something with a bit of a narrative.

Last time I ran a game, I started the scenario as a standard Division 5 battle, but I, the referee ran a car that was cheating (a compact with a concealed, IR targeting laser, cyberlink and an ejection seat/rocket pack combo) that the other players had to team up to defeat. When they finally got him, he ejected and flew away, firing his machine pistol. This kept the game down to less than an hour and a half and everyone had fun.

The time before that I had an "OGRE" like scenario where one player was a van hired by Gold Cross to storm into a biker gang hideout to rescue the corpse of a would-be vigilante. The other two players played the biker gang.

I am going to propose my "Ruins of Cleveland" Car Wars RPG campaign once the other guys want to take a break from Shadowrun. I'm statting out a Mk I OGRE in Car Wars just for the occasion :)

Last edited by PeteC; 11-07-2020 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Haven't actually finished statting out OGRE
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote