View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #46
William

Default Re: GURPS Magic: The Least of Spells

I am greatly amused by Dramatic Departure. I can think of one serious use -- if you're Unkillable and will reform elsewhere, it would certainly have a tendency to convince unknowing assailants that you are thoroughly dead. But really, I much prefer to have this spell be learned by utter drama queens who, if they have to go, are d*mn well going to go out in style.

Also love the comment on the next spell. Like that ever stopped a necromancer.

For Plant, I know exactly what I'd want from my time in my garden: Weed. Area, does no more than 1 Hit of damage in one hex, only enough to kill quite small and fragile plants, to any instance of one selected plant species (can be selected by touching a specimen if one does not otherwise know it). Needs regular application to keep weeds from getting established! (Although I suddenly imagine the problem with weeds developing magic resistance...)

Jolt seems... unusually powerful for one of these? Stun and Mental Stun are already spells with a few prerequisites each, although not a lot. Does making it a Missile spell and letting DR give a bonus help make the spell worth less than these in your opinion?

Last edited by William; 07-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.
William is offline   Reply With Quote