View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
trooper6

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Disguise, Disguise (Animals) and Makeup

Considering the genre I have most GM'ed in GURPS has been espionage, Disguise and Make-Up have often been used in my campaigns. So often, in fact that it is really too numerous to mention. I mean, in nearly every single session of many of these spy campaigns Disguise, at the very least, comes up.

Two uses of Disguise and Make-Up that I remember from over the years.

1) Two spies in my Operation Midnight campaign were in Russia trying to do their surveillance...they ended up using Disguise to pass themselves off as homeless people and were able to get the sort of invisibility/being ignored that homeless people often get that allowed them to stake out a critical place for hours without raising eyebrows.
2) In an ISW campaign with spy elements, an entertainer was able to use the Make-Up skill to make it look like another character had been beaten up as part of a plot to turn the crowd against a local politician at a rally and also to cause a disturbance.

It is funny...so many of the Skills of the Week that are listed as not at all central or relevant in most campaigns end up being the ones that have been really central in many of my campaigns.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote